I am getting married or divorced and changing my name, and have an appointment to enroll for my PIV credential. Should I wait?


Contact your sponsor for specifics about how you should proceed with regard to waiting. Prior to requesting a new PIV credential and change in the USAccess system, please make sure you have the required acceptable forms of identification for proof of citizenship documentation available with your new name or relevant personally identifiable information on it that has changed. Please read the Acceptable Forms of ID Guide for detailed instructions about what to bring to each appointment.

Next, you contact your sponsor to ensure that your name may be changed in the USAccess system. You will receive another sponsorship complete email. You must re-enroll, and get a new PIV credential. You will need to bring you new forms of identification with you to your enrollment.

Email This Link